piątek, 16 maja 2014

Hero’s shadow drawing #2



I finally updated showHeroShadow function and I think that it’s working as in original game now.
 
With help of Eugene I manage to fix shadow colors. I had thought that there was a problem with algorithm or with finding right values in memory, but there was small mistake in getting location palette for makeShadowTable function - I was using palette from previous location after loading a new one. It was easy to fix but very hard to find out, so thanks again to him.
 
I also extend shadow function by adding proper drawing on walls and masking on objects and you can see it on screenshots below:

 
Location no. 1 - shadow masking and correct palette
ScummVM (left) / Original game (right)

Location no. 2 - shadow masking and correct palette
ScummVM (left) / Original game (right)

Location no. 2 - shadow after hero scrolling
ScummVM (left) / Original game (right)


Location no. 3 - shadow drawing on walls
ScummVM (left) / Original game (right)


 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz