poniedziałek, 14 lipca 2014

Pathfinding - beginning of implementation

Hello everyone!

Great news, someone may actually play Prince when I finish coding it! ;)
If you understand Polish, you can check articles about my project on websites here:
cdaction.pl, antyweb.pl, polygamia.pl, przygodomania.pl, gram.pl, playingdaily.pl, gry-online.pl, polskathebest.pl, gry.interia.pl, osworld.pl

I finally edited and upload video of first location gameplay that I promised you in my previous post.
You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5bhHKp8Eh8


I'm aware of existing bugs in it, like:
- hero talking animation sync (fix to match currently playing voice)
- hero boredom animation timing (shouldn't start randomly in time of dialog)
- hero shouldn't have dagger equipped from the beginning of a game
- gravedigger's last line before his runaway - "O w morde..." is not playing
And gameplay also lacks working pathfinding, so Prince is standing still whole time, but I'd like to tell you about my current progress with fixing it.

I spend this week trying to analyze, code and then fix most of path-making functions.
It was lots of lines to code and it still has some things that I have to fix but right now it looks like this:

Pathfinding - testing
Path drawing #1

Pathfinding - testing
Path drawing #2

If you look closely you can see white dotted lines that are drown temporary to display array of calculated path coordinates. I'm working on part that allows to find a correct, nearest place for destination when you click on place where hero can't go.

Next step will be implementing scanDirections() function, that will allow to create array of directions for hero walk animation during the path and also updating showHero() function to fix some bugs that I mentioned before and allow hero to actually walk the path.



6 komentarzy:

  1. Thanks for those posts, it's interesting to read how all this is done!
    I've never seen this particular game before but it looks nice and colourful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Hi, all of this sounds and looks g-g-great! KiP was a big part of my childhood, one of the first point-n-clicks I ever played (and finished). Do you have a (very rough) estimate when it will be playable? And also, do you need any help with translating it all, perhaps? ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to make it playable before end of GSoC program (18th August). I'm not sure if it's possible to finish it in 100% to that time. I'll be working to complete it to the end of August. I'll also think about translation part then.

      Usuń
    2. I wonder if the German version will be supported simultaneously with this one or will it happen at a later step?

      Usuń
    3. I'm testing game on both versions - Polish and German and they will be supported simultaneously. Some problems may occur with Russian version, but I'll try to handle it later.

      Usuń